Governance improvement recommendations have been prepared to assist Fidelity Medical Center (FMC) in achieving governance gains based on its board self-assessment. These recommendations meet FMC’s unique challenges and opportunities.
Governance Improvement Recommendations To Consider:
- Prepare for the addition of two new board members, both working with the Fidelity Hospital Authority to ensure the best candidates are selected and ensuring a strong internal orientation process once board members join.
- Commit to ongoing governance education to ensure the board’s dialog, discussion and decision-making have the maximum impact on the organization’s overall success.
- Ensure clear, well agreed-on descriptions of board member and board chair roles and responsibilities.
- Guide the board toward a focus on strategic conversations as the board prioritizes strategies and works to keep the strategic plan as a “living document.”
- Review and update board policies and procedures to ensure the board is functioning in the right way both legally and ethically, and to maximize the board’s effectiveness.