Board service has never been more challenging.
The Missouri Office of Rural Health (MORH) is providing a unique set of governance services to assist rural trustees and executives as they lead health services in their communities—governWell™.
Rural Missouri communities face different health care and wellness issues than larger metropolitan areas.To succeed and ensure long-term viability in today’s environment, trustees of Missouri’s rural hospitals and health systems must focus on adapting to the demands for value, performance, the well-being of patients, and the health of their communities.
Through MORH governWell™ your hospital has access to:
- An annual board self-assessment and confidential analysis
- Assistance in creating a governance development action plan unique to your organization’s needs
- Confidential consults with experts in healthcare governance
- Templates, resource and assistance with:
- Trustee recruitment and orientation
- Committee charters, roles and responsibilities
- Sample governance policies and procedures for an accountable, effectively governed organization
- Board and CEO succession planning
- Community health impact strategies
- “Board Briefs” on key topics for health care leaders
- Subscriptions to Governance Insider, a quarterly briefing
- On demand governance education and customizable presentations
Funding for Missouri governWell™ is provided by the Flex program. There are no costs to Missouri’s rural hospitals for using governWell™ services.