DRAFT: Sample Board Resources
Build a strong foundation for trustee success.
Governance excellence is the lifeblood of a high-performing board of trustees. A strong orientation program is one of the best tools the board has for early and productive engagement of board members. Trustees assume fiduciary responsibility for the board’s leadership and decisions from day one, yet many are new to health care and may not have the knowledge and understanding needed to meaningfully engage in board deliberations and decisions. It is vital that each board member take their responsibilities seriously and pledge their best efforts to learn as well as lead.
BoardBriefs and Leadership Resources
Livingston HealthCare’s Mission
The official mission of Livingston HealthCare is excellence in patient-centered care. We have been, and continue to be, successful in that endeavor because of our employees. Each of our employees is committed to maintaining and upholding our Standards of Excellence in the performance of their job duties and responsibilities.
LHC’s Standards of Excellence guide each and every employee, including leadership, medical staff, and managers, in achieving and sustaining the goals defined by our mission, vision, and values.
Livingston HealthCare’s Vision
Our vision is to be the best Critical Access Hospital in the nation by providing the highest quality care to all whom we serve.
Livingston HealthCare‘s Values
- Excellence. We are committed to the highest standards of patient care.
- Service. We anticipate the needs of our patients, visitors and team members and exceed their expectations.
- Teamwork. The contributions of each team member are important and valued.
- Compassion. We serve our patients, their families, and each other with warmth and empathy.
- Ownership. We accept responsibility for efficient use of our resources for the community’s benefit.
Keep your board on the leading edge with the nation’s best resources
Speaking Health Care™ was created to help hospital and health system trustees better understand the complex and often confusing language that is used in health care.
It is vital that each board member take their responsibilities seriously and pledge their best efforts to follow this code of conduct.
Customizable Governance Manual
The OrientWell™ module includes a comprehensive, customizable governance manual that will help to ensure your board has a foundation for governing success. The governance manual builds understanding and knowledge of:
- The hospital or health system, including its mission, governance and management, facilities, operations, and key issues
- Trustee roles and responsibilities
- The expectations of trustees
- Governance accountabilities
- Health care issues and trends
- Other information relevant to building high-performance governance
If your hospital or health care system has a governance manual, it can be inserted here.