Healthcare Trustees of New York State (HTNYS) has collaborated with governWell™ to offer a unique set of governance services and resources—the Essentials of Governance Excellence subscription. Program services are based on essential topics identified by HTNYS as keys to strengthening the capabilities of governance leaders. The Essentials for Governance Excellence subscription is a comprehensive, customizable system of valuable resources and advisory services that enable hospital and health system boards to achieve outstanding governance and ensure leadership for their communities.
Essentials for Governance Excellence Program
- 18 Essential topic areas
- 11 Capability building resource modules
- Quarterly updates of leading resources
- governWell™ Advisors consultation service (3 virtual consults annually)
- Access via digital portal, embeddable link or email
- Access for all trustees and executive leadership
- A multi-entity discount is provided when 3 or more organizations sign up
By using governWell™ resources and virtual consult services, boards of trustees are better equipped to maintain strategic focus, oversee accountability, and provide generative leadership.
The Essentials for Governance Excellence Program is accessed via an annual subscription. HTNYS members receive special pricing.
governWell™ Board Assessments
GovernWell™ conducted governance practices and performance assessments (board self-assessments) include proven tools to identify governance strengths and challenges. When combined with a governance excellence action plan, your board will be able to drive governance gain and achieve sustained leadership performance. Engaging governWell™ to conduct an assessment for your hospital or health system ensures confidentiality and provides comprehensive assistance in applying the results for governance excellence.
Comprehensive Board Assessment
GovernWell™’s comprehensive board self-assessment confidentially evaluates board member perceptions of all aspects of board performance in fulfilling governance responsibilities. When conducting a comprehensive board self-assessment, our governance experts work with senior executives and board leaders to:
Note: Fidelity Medical is a fictitious organization designed to show the results of a governWell board self-assessment. All data on this site is only an example. Actual assessment data is confidential.
- Select the most relevant governance practices and leadership areas for the self-assessment.
- Provide assessment criteria in eight leadership areas, board culture, personal performance, and open-end questions.
- Assist in developing criteria and custom-tailoring the assessment to your organization’s unique needs.
- Provide an in-depth analysis of assessment results.
- Present recommendations for governance development and help leadership identify the most impactful changes for improvement.
- Bring together the knowledge resources, governance structure tools and trustee education to achieve board development goals.
- Create a custom digital resource site for easy-to-access trustee education.
- Coach the development process so that a board self-assessment results in “governance gain” being realized.
Contact us today to learn more and become a leading organization in governance assessment practices.
GovernWell™ also offers a focused board self-assessment option which includes a confidential governance assessment administered by governWell™, a summary report that identifies board strengths and recommendations for improvement, telephone consultations to discuss the results and the implications, a governance excellence action plan and resources, and a digital resource site for easy-to-access trustee education.
All governWell™ assessment engagements include access for one year to the Essentials for Governance Excellence program.
Additional Types of Assessments We Conduct
|Board Member Peer Assessment|
|Self-Administered Board Assessments|