Governance Essentials Complimentary Microportal
Navigating the Challenges of COVID-19
Hospital and health system leaders are working diligently to respond to the coronavirus pandemic. What are the critical issues for boards of trustees to consider? What information does the board absolutely need to know?
Seven areas for board consideration include:
- Ensure that an Effective Emergency Preparedness Plan is in Place
- Ensure Effective Infection Identification, Management and Prevention
- Ensure that an Effective Crisis Communication Plan is in Place
- Ensure a Safe, Healthy and Sufficiently Trained Workforce
- Ensure Ethical Management of Scarce Resources
- Understand the Financial Implications and the Hospital Leadership’s Response
- The “Look Back”: Evaluate the Hospital’s Emergency Response, then Recalibrate
The governWell™ briefing under Featured Insights highlights important questions and areas
for hospital boards’ consideration in a practical seven-point framework.
BoardBRIEFs and Leadership Resources
Keep your board on the leading edge with the nation’s best resources
GovernWell™ is the leading source for valuable educational programs, BoardBRIEFs, articles, and customizable resources that will enable your board to advance its knowledge, skills, structure, practices and capacity for success in today’s increasingly challenging environment. governWell™ includes everything your hospital or health system needs to custom-tailor and implement governance-building initiatives.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (630) 613-7580