A governance practices and performance assessment measures governance effectiveness based on your current board practices.
HTNYS has identified a board assessment as one of the essential practices that are key to strengthening governance leaders’ capabilities. Through the HTNYS governWell™ collaboration, members receive special pricing on board self-assessment services.
Comprehensive Board Assessment
GovernWell™’s comprehensive board self-assessment confidentially evaluates board member perceptions of all aspects of board performance in fulfilling governance responsibilities. When conducting a comprehensive board self-assessment, our governance experts work with senior executives and board leaders to:
Note: Fidelity Medical is a fictitious organization designed to show the results of a governWell board self-assessment. All data on this site is only an example. Actual assessment data is confidential.
- Select the most relevant governance practices and leadership areas for the self-assessment.
- Provide assessment criteria in eight leadership areas, board culture, personal performance, and open-end questions.
- Assist in developing criteria and custom-tailoring the assessment to your organization’s unique needs.
- Provide an in-depth analysis of assessment results.
- Present recommendations for governance development and help leadership identify the most impactful changes for improvement.
- Bring together the knowledge resources, governance structure tools and trustee education to achieve board development goals.
- Create a custom digital resource site for easy-to-access trustee education.
- Coach the development process so that a board self-assessment results in “governance gain” being realized.
Contact governWell™ today to learn more and become a leading organization in governance assessment practices.
GovernWell™ offers a focused board self-assessment option which includes a confidential governance assessment administered by governWell™, a summary report that identifies board strengths and recommendations for improvement, telephone consultations to discuss the results and the implications, a governance excellence action plan and resources, and a digital resource site for easy-to-access trustee education.
All governWell™ assessment engagements include access for one year to the Essentials for Governance Excellence program.