Hospital and health system leaders are working diligently to respond to the coronavirus pandemic. What are the critical issues for boards of trustees to consider? What information does the board absolutely need to know?
Seven areas for board consideration include:
- Ensure that an Effective Emergency Preparedness Plan is in Place
- Ensure Effective Infection Identification, Management and Prevention
- Ensure that an Effective Crisis Communication Plan is in Place
- Ensure a Safe, Healthy and Sufficiently Trained Workforce
- Ensure Ethical Management of Scarce Resources
- Understand the Financial Implications and the Hospital Leadership’s Response
- The “Look Back”: Evaluate the Hospital’s Emergency Response, then Recalibrate
The briefing below highlights these important questions and areas for board consideration in a practical seven-point framework.
Keep your board on the leading edge with the nation’s best resources
The coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) is placing unprecedented demands on the U.S. health system. Hospitals and their associated continuum of services – such as ambulatory care, long term care, home health care, laboratory and diagnostic services, and telemedicine – are crucial components of community response to the pandemic. The sheer…
Planning for a community outbreak of COVID-19 is critical for maintaining healthcare services during a response. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with input from partners, has developed a checklist to help hospitals assess and improve their preparedness for responding to a community-wide outbreak of COVID-19.
The COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving. The KHA web page was developed in an effort to help keep Kansas Hospital Association members informed. KHA hosts weekly calls with our members. A running list of FAQs will be added to KHA web page soon.
332 S Michigan Ave, 8th fl
Chicago, IL 60604